1. Serves as an officer of the section and assists in advancing the goals and objectives of the section in accordance with ACRL strategic directions and priorities.
2. As a member of the Executive Committee, attends meetings of the committee at Annual and Midwinter Conferences, including those at the Annual Conference immediately preceding the taking of office.
3. Appoints a Nominating Committee that is responsible for producing a slate of candidates for section office. The STS Past-Chair will serve as the Chair of the Nominating Committee, and recommends members to the Vice-Chair to appoint to the Committee. The section vice-chair may not be a member of the Nominating Committee (see ALA Bylaws, Article III, Section 1.a).
4. If a program is planned, a Conference Program Planning Committee and chair should be appointed that is responsible for planning the section's program at the Annual Conference during year as chair. May serve as a member of the committee according to section bylaws.
5. Makes appointments to all other section committees for terms beginning when term as chair begins.
6. Submits section's budget requests for year as chair by deadline.
7. Responds to inquiries from members and non-members regarding section interests and activities.
8. Serves on the ACRL Conference Program Planning Committee. Reports to ACRL Vice-Chair at meeting of the committee on section program being planned for Annual Conference during the year as chair.
9. Vice-Chair co-represents (with section chair) the section on the ACRL Communities of Practice Assembly.
10. Appoints Co-chairs of ongoing and newly formed discussion groups.
11. Attends and participates in ACRL Communities of Practice Assembly sessions (usually held Friday afternoons at the ALA Midwinter and Annual Conferences).
|Immediately following Annual Conference||Begin term of office at the close of the final day of the Annual Conference.|