Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
PWC Orientation Webinar
Recording of PWC Orientation Webinar (39 min)
February 25, 2016. 2:00 pm EST
The recording may take up to one minute to buffer. The participants, table of contents, and chat windows can be opened or closed by clicking on the appropriate icons in the upper right.
Documents Designed to Enhance Accountability
Suggest a Writing Resource!
Have a favorite resource designed to enhance, improve or increase productivity of academic scholarship? Please submit your suggestion via the following link and PWC Administrators will add it to the list of suggested resources!
Suggest a Writing Resource!
Technology resource to identify ideal meeting dates/times for group members:
Technology platforms to host collaborative writing circle meetings:
Collaborative writing tools to enhance version control, real-time editing and collaborative writing:
Technology tools to minimize distraction:
- LeechBlock: a simple productivity tool: an extension for the Firefox web browser designed to block those time-wasting sites that can suck the life out of your working day.
- Freedom: a chrome extension designed to increase your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites.
- AntiSocial: For Mac users: a great little tool that turns off the social parts of the internet.
- Self-Control: SelfControl is an OS X application which blocks access to mail servers and websites for a predetermined period of time. Once started, it can not be undone – you must wait for the timer to run out.
- The Most Dangerous Writing App: If you are really in need of hard core enforcement, try “The Most Dangerous Writing App” which deletes all writing progress if you stop typing for more than five seconds!
Productivity tracking tools:
- Coach.me: Set targets and reminders for how many times you want to write each week to hold yourself responsible.
- Q10: Features timed writing sessions, built-in spellcheck and live text statistics.
- Freedom: Start sessions on-the-fly or schedule your Freedom time in advance. Plan out sessions that recur at the same time every week. Freedom can help you make productivity a habit.
- Focus Writer: FocusWriter supports customization in the form of background images, fonts, and other tools. There is also a daily goal tracker which will keep track of the amount of time you spend writing as fell as spell-checking and how much you write.
Create your perfect writing environment:
- OmmWriter: An app to create one unique environment for writing and thinking where you can concentrate and be productive when you need it the most.
- Coffitivity: Coffitivity recreates the ambient sounds of a cafe to boost your creativity and help you work better.