Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The STS IL chat is sponsored by the Science & Technology Section's (STS) Information Literacy (IL) committee. STS is a section of the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA).
- STS IL chats are intended to be a place where science librarians can gather to discuss topics related to instruction and information literacy. They are open to all, free-of-charge.
- Chats are held mid-month, approximately 5-10 times each year. They are announced on the STS-listserv approximately 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time.
- Chats typically take place on the AdobeConnect or Zoom platform and are recorded and archived. Links to the recordings have been sent out on the STS-listserv, but are also available on this guide.
History of STS-IL Chat
Perspective of STS-ILs Chat:
- First mention of a Monthly chat: http://connect.ala.org/node/87841: by Roxanne Bogucka (observer) on Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 04:42 pm
Tags: General News & Discussion. Held on Friday, November 20, 2009, 11:00am to 12:00pm, US/Central (-6).
Hosted by Elizabeth Berman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Roxanne Bogucka (email@example.com), STS Information Literacy co-chairs.
- The Chat has also been called various names and offered on various days, Last Wednesdays, Last Mondays, First Wednesdays.
- A goal of the chat has been to use a platform that has the least amount of access steps to broaden interaction
- Various platforms have been used: ALA.Connect, Facebook, and TinyChat
- Used survey and anecdotal comments to develop a new chat-plan (2012-2013)
- Annual meeting 2013, the committee changed the title to STS-IL Chat and plans to use ALA's Adobe Connect. We adopted a plan to deliver the Chat on the 15th of the month (changes to be on a workday) and invite guest speakers to deliver content to be discussed. An outline of possible chats was approved.
Kristen Cooper - Chair
STS-IL Committee Chairs
Nathan Filbert - Chair
For more information on the Resources Sub Committee see their guide.