1. Serves as an officer of the section and assists in advancing the goals and objectives of the section in accordance with ACRL strategic directions and priorities.
2. Oversees the development, implementation, and reporting of the section's contribution to, and support of, the ACRL goals and strategic directions.
3. Chairs all meetings of the section Executive Committee at Annual and Midwinter Conferences.
4. Attends the STS All Committees meeting at Midwinter and Annual.
5. Establishes or dissolves both special and standing committees with the approval of the Executive Committee.
6. Oversees section program at Annual Conference; chairs annual meeting of section, which may follow, precede, or be separate from the program.
7. Meets deadlines for requests for payment and reimbursement, according to the budget submitted.
8. Schedules all of the section's committee meetings and programs for Midwinter and Annual Conference after consulting committee chairs. Completes meeting request Web forms for all committees and programs.
9. Submits reports to the ACRL Board on section activities for distribution to the ACRL Board.
10. Responds to inquiries from members and non-members regarding section interests and activities.
11. Chair co-represents with vice-chair/chair-elect the section on ACRL Communities of Practice Assembly. Presents oral and written reports on division events and plans to STS Council.
12. Fills committee vacancies during term in office.
13. Represents the section at the division level in accordance with ALA policy.
14. Arranges to have minutes taken for each meeting and ensures copies are sent to ACRL staff.
15. Conducts all meetings in accordance with ALA's "Open Meeting" policy.
Source: ALA Policy 7.4.3
16. Attends and participates in ACRL Communities of Practice Assembly sessions (usually held Friday afternoons at the ALA Midwinter and Annual Conferences).
17. Organizes food and beverages offerings for all STS events that have food and beverages for both the Midwinter and Annual conferences, in collaboration with ACRL staff liaison.
|Immediately following Annual Conference||Begin term of office at the close of the final day of the Annual Conference|
|Confirm lists of Committee members to ACRL for inclusion in ALA Handbook.|
|July||Between conferences, stay in touch with STS Executive Board and Committee Chairs. Request appropriate Publications Committee member to update the sts-c listserv for current STS Council members.|
|Send Action Plans Reports to ACRL. Use Midwinter Conference to brainstorm ideas for the next year’s request for project funding|
|Receive notification of current budget allocations from ACRL Deputy Executive Director by end of July (notification only). NOTE: All budget expenditures reimbursement requests for past year must be received in ACRL office by August 15 for processing.|
|July - September||Work with designated STS fundraiser and ACRL staff liaison to develop a list of potential funding sources (publishers and vendors) for STS programming at the next Annual Conference and to determine ways to publically acknowledge their support. Send list to ACRL staff liaison who submits list to ACRL Executive Director for “approval” to contact sources.|
|August (or by requested deadline)||Send Signal Editor tentative Midwinter Committee Meeting times for publication in fall STS Signal.|
|Submit introductory letter to Newsletter Editor for inclusion in fall issue.|
|August||(with Past-Chair) Send reimbursement requests by section members to ACRL staff by August 15 for processing before the end of the ACRL budget year on August 31.|
|August||Receive notice of current budget allocations from ACRL by the end of August.|